Tips to Help You Out
- Learning more about culture change might be helpful. Consider tapping into the excellent resources available from the Pioneer Network (webinar series, speakers, etc). https://www.pioneernetwork.net/resource-library/
- There are some excellent on-demand culture change webinars via Eden Alternative; https://www.edenalt.org/events-and-offerings/webinar-education/on-demand-webinars/on-demand-feature-webinars/
- Consider joining your local state Culture Change coalition for local support.
- Brush up on a "best practice" documents from Pioneer Network Dining Standards; https://www.pioneernetwork.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/The-New-Dining-Practice-Standards.pdf
- Tap into the professional organizations for position papers on nutritional care of older adults (ANFP or Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics).
- Check out the Research Institute of Aging (RIA) CHOICE+ program and the 3 different checklists; https://the-ria.ca/resources/choice-checklists/. Share the info and checklists with your team.
All of the above tips and suggestions have been gathered and provided to you by Suzanne Quiring, a Registered Dietician (RD), Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) and inventor of the SuzyQ Cart System.
If you'd like to have a free one-on-one discussion and assessment of your senior care dining program with Suzanne, simply fill out the form to the right. She'll follow-up with you to schedule a time to chat.