Tips to Help You Out
- Invite different management team members to serve coffee once a week in the dining room to have a presence and see what's going on.
- Conduct an anonymous dining experience survey with family, residents and staff, and analyze and share results.
- Do a waste audit and take photo of the waste after several meals. Put a dollar value on the waste. Share results with your Administration Team.
- Start a learning circle or Enhanced Dining Committee consisting of a variety of staff members. Talk openly about thoughts and ideas, and share survey results.
- Look at the Pioneer Network Resource Library under “dining”; https://www.pioneernetwork.net/resource-library/
- Check out the Research Institute of Aging (RIA) CHOICE+ program and the 3 different checklists; https://the-ria.ca/resources/choice-checklists/. Share the info and checklists with your team.
All of the above tips and suggestions have been gathered and provided to you by Suzanne Quiring, a Registered Dietician (RD) and inventor of the SuzyQ Cart System.
If you'd like to have a free one-on-one discussion and assessment of your senior care dining program with Suzanne, simply fill out the form to the right. She'll follow-up with you to schedule a time to chat.